In 1992, I found out I was losing my eyesight to complicated glaucoma. Shortly thereafter, I spent five months at the Criss Cole Rehab Center for the Blind, in Austin, Texas. On the advice of my vocational counselor there (who was aware that I had counseled and was able to help some of the staff and clients at the Rehab Center), I decided to study toward a degree in the field of counseling. Using a closed-circuit
TV, reading two words (or less) at a time, I earned my Ph.D. in 1998. I have been doing counseling as a ministry since 1994. Because I am legally blind (I do have a very small amount of vision), I have a counseling office in my home. My office has a private entrance with restroom facilities.
The focus of my counseling ministry is primarily in the following areas:
- Marriage Enrichment Counseling – for any couple to help keep their marriage growing & thriving;
- Troubled-Marriage Counseling;
- Divorce Recovery/Adjustment Counseling;
- Pre-Marriage Counseling for engaged couples;
- Anger Management Counseling;
- OCD counseling;
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counseling;
- Child-Rearing Counseling for parents struggling with the challenges of being good parents;
- Counseling for children experiencing pain in childhood stresses;
- Counseling for teenagers coping with myriad issues they face;
- Counseling for depressed individuals;
- Counseling for bereaved persons;
- Situational crises counseling with adults, youth, and children;
- Counseling for those hurting from personal loss—of a relationship, of health, of focus, of purity, of assurance, of resolve…
Over the years, God has seen fit to bless my counseling ministry and I have seen a number of marriages restored, parent/child relationships healed, and individuals--both young and older--whose lives have been changed for the better. Thank you for visiting... I hope you will give me a call.
Regular Office Hours: M - F 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
After Hours--if requested: Evenings and Weekends (includes LUNCH TIME 12:00-1:00 pm)
ADVANCE Christian Counseling
Graham A. Abley, PhD.
690 Callaway Dr. Beaumont, TX 77706
Providing Christian Faith-Based Counseling in Southeast Texas